Thursday, October 31, 2013

Gift blanking

                             Gift blanking  is a simple as it sounds. We all think we know our family so well, but do we? I have such a hard time getting gifts for my family. It has nothing to do with not knowing what they like, It has to do with knowing to well what they like. When you buy someone a gift, your first thought is that it should be something they will like. Then it's something that will last. Lastly you think it has to be something that represents your relationship and reflects the gift giver.





                                 I have found that now a days people just don't care about the effect a gift may have. I can honestly say when someone gives me a gift card I know for a fact they didn't put a lot of thought into it. Why? because it is something simple and no matter who you are, there is a card for your life style. Gift blanking is when you suddenly have no idea what to give someone. This often occurs when you don't put thought into a gift. For instance, I could get my mom a card every year and she would be happy. Why? because it the effort you put into picking out the card and writing a message. Blanking should't occur if you think about the person and what they like, mom's like cards. If your getting a gift for someone because you have to, it doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to make it decent. Gift cards in my opinion are an easy escape for gift blanking and shouldn't be used for those you care about. Take the time and plan your gift, that way you won't blank or stress about it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so bad for getting people gift cards, I try to make it something that they'll enjoy though, like giving my mom a gift card to the spa so she can go have a relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think giving someone close to you a gift you made is always a win. You can tell you put a lot of effort into it...and my mom always prefers a picture I drew her over anything I could ever buy her. And I'd say it's better to not over-think gift buying. You know what they like, so get them something they like.

    ReplyDelete