Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Career blanking

Career blanking,What is it? It's not knowing what you may want to do with your future job occupation. there are some pretty crazy jobs out there lets be honest, the possibilities are endless. You can be anything from a Doctor to a Garbageman to a professional sleeper. I personally have no idea what i wish to do after high school. I want to apply to university, but for what? People always ask what I want to be when I grow up but I really don't know. Career blanking is huge in today's society. We are supposed to pick the job we will have for the rest of our lives. but what if you don't know what you want for the rest of your life. University is meant for you to learn about a specific occupation and give you the chance to excel in that area of work. You yourself can probably say that you have doubted what you want to do for the rest of your life, a couple times.  Career blanking leaves a lot of people jobless and uneducated. Taking a year off school is fine if that's what you need to discover your destiny per say. but taking 5 years to decide could be the reason that you get absolutely nowhere in life. I'm not saying it happens to everyone but it isn't rare.

Here are some job options that you may or may not be interested in:

  • Ice-cream tester
  • Fire Scientists
  • Snake milker
  • Fireman
  • Architect
  • Condom tester
  • Odor tester
  • Fashion designer 
  • Interior designer
  • Garbage mind
  • Dog food tester
  • Mechanic 
  • Journalist
  • Foot therapist 
  • Dog groomer
  • Banana Gasser
  • Hair dresser
  • Gynecologist 
There are so many options whether weird or not. But even with so many options it can be difficult to decide what we want for our future. Career blanking is not necessarily a bad thing it just takes more time for some people to find there true calling.


























3 comments:

  1. Just do what you love. And you're necessarily stuck doing one career your whole life. A lot of people try one thing for a while and then move onto something else when they're getting tired of it. And you can always have hobbies or things on the side of your "career".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you Aliesha. Also, you can attend university without having a really specific career goal. You can have fairly general interests and make them more specific during first year. I know that's what I'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this. I honestly have no idea where I want to even start my life! University or college? I don't want to waste my money going to school to do something that I won't love!

    ReplyDelete