Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sleep blanking

Good Morning. Who are you? Who am I? These are common questions asked when you sleep blank. Sleep blanking is the feeling of waking up and not knowing anything. Most people don't remember falling asleep so when they wake up, they feel that they are in a different place. Sleep blanking looks hilarious to the bystanders but is quite scary if your the one it happens to. When we wake up it take our minds time to process where we are, when you sleep blank it takes a little longer. "I often will fall asleep (usually for a nap, exhausted when this happens) and wake up feeling totally unaware of where I am at, and sometimes even who I am. A panic will flush over me, fearing that I will stay in this 'unaware' state."
Google images

I have had many experiences with this , but this isn't about me. I'ts about you. If you wake up feeling like you were hit by a train and you just can't remember, then its probably just a slight case of morning distortion. Given time, the brain will start to function properly and you will remember everything. Now if you wake up and you can't remember for a long time after it's probably a good idea to get that checked out. (just a word from the wise). Now you know that the next time you wake up and don't know who you are, it is likely to pass, and you will be on with your regular schedule. Until then sleep well .

4 comments:

  1. This actually happened to me twice this weekend when I napped. I woke up in my own bed and forgot where I was completely or what I had to do. I had no concept of time either! Kinda scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could there by bystanders when you are having a nap in room? Do people tend to watch you sleep? Maybe you should try investing in some new locks for your house! But that has definitely happened to me! Except for the studio audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When saying bystanders I tend to lean more towards the people who have their mother wake them up in the morning, or who share a room.

      Delete
  3. Morning's are the worst. I'm terrible for mumbling complete nonsense while waking up. There have been a few instances where I wake up and I can't remember where I am or how I got there...and I'm usually startled when my girlfriend rolls over and says "good morning".

    ReplyDelete